Note about photo at top: a Vulcan 020 driving piles for the original Dodge Island bridge, Miami, FL, 1962. Don’t forget to year your hard hat when on the job!
Vulcan’s greatest tangible legacy is its products, particularly its line of air/steam hammers. Many of these are still in service today, providing reliable service all over the world. But there’s a lot more than that to Vulcan’s’ output:
- Vulcanhammer.info Guide to Pile Driving Equipment–the complete reference for the Vulcan product line.
- Vulcan Air/Steam Hammers
- Onshore Air/Steam Hammers
- Offshore Air/Steam Hammers
- Vulcan Onshore Tips: Service tips for your Vulcan onshore hammer
- Vulcan Offshore Tips: Service tips for your Vulcan offshore hammer
- Vulcan 106: the “Switch-Hitter,” a hammer with many innovations but little long-term effect on the product line
- Vulcan Pile Extractors
- Vulcan DGH Series Hammers
- Vulcan Vibratory Hammers. Vulcan’s foray into the vibratory hammer business during the last twenty years of the twentieth century.
- Vulcan and Diesel Hammers. Vulcan made several efforts to produce or market a diesel hammer. Includes general information on diesel hammers in general.
- Vulcan Leaders. Leaders are necessary to align the pile with the hammer. Some of Vulcan’s efforts, along with a general description of leader configurations.
- Vulcanaire Supertherm. Vulcan’s contribution to energy conservation and economy, long before it became a matter of general attention.
- Vulcan Expanding Mandrel, and Mandrel-Driven Shell Piles. A description of this interesting type of deep foundation, and the Vulcan product that was developed for the application.
- Vulcan Decelflo Pile Hammer Muffler, and Thruflo Geothermal Muffler. Vulcan’s efforts to reduce noise emissions from their hammers and other sources.
- Vulcan Curbs and Covers: Manhole and Catch-Basin. Vulcan received many calls about these, but they were out of the product line from the mid-twentieth century onwards.
- General Product Information
- Vulcan General Arrangements and Assemblies, layouts for a selection of Vulcan hammers and their components.
- Vulcan Serial Numbers — wonder how old that Vulcan hammer of yours is?
- Drivability of Vulcan Hammers
- Vulcan Data Manual: an extensive reference about Vulcan hammers, along with information about their competitors and their application.
Much more product information–including field service manuals for all of the major lines of Vulcan products–can be found in the Vulcanhammer.info Guide to Pile Driving Equipment.
Need further information? Click here to contact us.
One thought on “Vulcan Iron Works Inc.: The Products”